In the rapidly expanding world of English Language Teaching business, there is an increasing demand for not only English teachers but also supervisors for Language institutes, centers, or schools. Experienced teachers are usually the target of recruitment for such management posts. However, there is no guarantee that a fully-experienced teacher will act like a well-prepared skillful supervisor educated for the position. Language Supervisor Training Course (LSTC) aimed to respond to this growing demand in the ELT market by providing a comprehensive training package precisely engineered to provide the participants with the insights and skills a supervisor may require in the workplace. It is further enriched with hands-on activities which are integral to the understanding of the job description for language supervisors.
Why This Course?
- are equipped with the appropriate knowledge and experience to carry out management and leadership duties,
- gain a better understanding and hands-on experience of the language supervisory in language centers and schools,
- can transform their teaching skill to management skills,
- receive the certificate of completion from the Vice Chancellor for Research and Technology at Islamic Azad University, the largest attending university in the world,
- find the smarter opportunity to improve the prospects for career/job progression in English language teaching.
How Will I be Assessed?
The course participants have to pass two types of assessment:
- An essay-type test to evaluate the participants’ ability to justify statements, ability to interpret, critical reasoning, and systematic presentation of the materials presented by both the course presenters and the reading lists of the course components.
- The course participants are required to write a 2000-3000 word hands-on project report based on the imaginary problems raised by the course presenters. The participants are expected to analyze the problem, develop possible ways to handle it, and suggest the most efficient solution. The academic support and skillful justifications should be provided for the decisions.
- CPD (Dr. Khalil Motallebzadeh)
- Delivering training sessions (Arin Fallah)
- Teacher recruitment (Dr. Jaber Kamali)
- Observation (Dr. Simon Phipps)
- Using technology in teaching and management (Jafar Kianpour)
- Assessment (Dr. Mojtaba Mohammadi )
- Coursebook selection and evaluation (Dr. Jaber Kamali)
- Organizational behavior
- Competent in English both spoken and written to enable the participants to follow the course and complete the assessments successfully (IELTS 6.0 overall, or equivalent, with no score lower than 5.5; or TOEFL score of 550)
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an English Teacher in state or private schools/centers.
6 Days (Bahman 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19)
Hours: 9-17 (8 hours a day)
COURSE START DATE:
January 24, 2019 (Bahman 4)
EARLY-BIRD REGISTRATION (20% OFF):
January 7, 2019 (Dey 17)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE DATE:
January 19, 2019 (Dey 29)
- Regular: 15,500,000 Rials
- Early bird: 12,400,000 Rials (Dey 17)